Powering the next generation of energy technology.
In the 300 years since the discovery of copper’s extraordinary conductive properties, it has evolved to become the literal lifeline of modern society and the energy harnessing technologies that make it possible. We have played a crucial role in the evolution of copper over the past century and is poised to continue to do so in the next, as development of renewable energy sources takes century stage in the 21st century.
Developing renewable energy solutions offers unique challenges. The need for ever thinner, lighter, stronger, and smoother materials continues to push the technological edge of metals manufacturing. We welcome the challenge and is addressing it head-on through material engineering efforts in collaboration with our suppliers and OEMs. Below are a few examples of the product breakthroughs those efforts have generated, with links to technical datasheets for each.
Engineered high-quality stainless for thin-film photovoltaic substrates specializing in thin, wide, smooth, and clean products. Product features:
- Material Thickness = 0.0254mm minimum
- Width = 927 mm maximum
- Surface Roughness, Ra
- 0.025 micron maximum
- 0.038 micron maximum
- 0.050 micron maximum
- Peak to Valley, PV = 1.0 micron maximum
- Surface cleanliness = 30-70 Dyne value
Battery Alloy Foils
We have developed a variety of high performance copper alloy foils engineered for use as anode current collectors in lithium-ion and other types of rechargeable batteries.
Main features include:
- Rolled foils down to 10 micron
- Multiple copper alloys with a wide range of physical and mechanical properties
- Excellent fatigue performance to withstand many charge cycles
- Range of surface roughness down to 0.3 micron Rz, identical on both sides
- Custom surface treatments for adhesion enhancement and corrosion protection
- 650mm wide and 2000 meter long coils
- Flatness controlled to 5mm maximum deviation across width of strip
As of July 2019, Wieland Rolled Products NA (formerly Olin Brass) became part of the strong global Wieland Group with a continued commitment to safety, quality and customer service. Learn more at Wieland.com
Wieland Rolled Products NA
4801 Olympia Park Plaza, Suite 3500
Louisville, Kentucky 40241
p (502) 873-3000
f (502) 327-3814
Copyright 2019 © Wieland